November 21, 2011

"A Sense of Place"

Got my "book" finished!

Book is a traditional form of communication.  If the installation is an audio piece, what if there is another document that provides images and text to allow the viewers to connect, to reinforce the audio narratives.

Using the online publishing program Blurb, I compiled the book "A Sense of Place".  This book is a selected document juxtaposing text and photographs to communicate to the readers the relationships between place and its people.  It contains transcripts extracted from the interviews, photographs of people, surrounding landscape, archival photos and copies of geographical fishing grounds.  The book is organized around three themes:  landscape, fishing and community.  The size of the book is 7"x 7" with 30 pages.













I am not sure how I am going to use this.  Question that I am asking myself is:  would it make a different if I actually make the book myself (from printing to binding etc.)???

No comments:

Post a Comment