July 16, 2011

Cara E. (Shane Nursery)

July 14, 2011

Cara owns a nursery in Pouch Cove.  She has the business just over 6 years.  This is a seasonal operation so both Cara and her husband have a full time job as well.  Igor completely destroyed her nursery which includes three greenhouses.  All three greenhouses were levelled.  Her own insurance would not cover the damage because it was act of nature.  After more then nine months of perseverance Cara finally received compensation two weeks ago through the Fire and Emergency Services of Newfoundland and Labrador.  She can now rebuild her business for next year's operation.

Cara and I talked for about 45 minutes or so.  Only when we were done then I realized the recorder was stopped at the 7 minutes mark.  I have some video clips and am going to work with what I have for now.  Cara asked me to go back to see her if I need to retape the interview.  Lesson number one in recording: make sure the recorder is fully charged.




Audio:  A13PCP13a, b (8 min)

No comments:

Post a Comment