July 13, 2011

Ap V.

July 12, 2011

I have always enjoyed talking with Ap.  Ap lives in the house which used to be a school.  He retired from working with garages in St. John's and now does wood work making traditional garbage box, wishing well, christmas decorations.  Ap made a storage box for us last year.  He also makes wood panels for me to do my encaustic work.   He is not a fisherman but he surely knows the conditions of the water by feeling the winds, by looking at the clouds.  I always say that I will only go out in a boat when Ap says it is ok to go.   Ap has a saw mill up in the wood.  There was some damage during Igor and Ap recounted the ride that usually takes him 10 minutes took him all morning because the trail was completely blocked by trees that toppled down.  He had to use chain-saw to cut down the branches and cleared the path.

No comments:

Post a Comment