June 30, 2011

Ken Pittmen's Documentary

June 29, 2011

It was a GRAND day as they would say it here.  I got to take part in Ken Pittmen's documentary production "seal and men".  Ken is a film maker, very well known in Newfoundland.  He and I did a little bit of a location scout in Pouch Cove for this documentary.  We were looking for a clapboard house with an authentic 1920 style window.  They need to capture the image of an anonymous woman standing in a window looking out to sea.  One shot taken from inside the house and one taken from outside the house.  We settled for two houses and the producer approved the merchant's house.  I know the people there and the owner was happy to be the "standing in" person.  I was given a camera to document the shoot and helped out whatever way I could.  I even stood on a scaffolding to dismantle the poles that held up the green screen.  It took close to 4 hours (3 people) to do two 5 second shots.  


It was a great experience for me.  I would be thrilled to be able to do a project with Ken.  

No comments:

Post a Comment